Advertisement

Movies About REAL Hauntings

topic posted Thu, February 16, 2006 - 3:07 PM by  Amy
Share/Save/Bookmark
What movies have been made that are about REAL hauntings or paranormal activity?
posted by:
Amy
offline Amy
Los Angeles
Advertisement
  • Re: Movies About REAL Hauntings

Fri, February 17, 2006 - 7:45 AM
    Well, The Exorcist and The Exorcism of Emily Rose is based on true events...The Amityville Horror is supposedly based on a true story, though there's a lot of controversy surrounding that. Hmmm, there's more I'm sure, but I can't think of any right now. :)

Fri, February 17, 2006 - 7:54 PM
      Yeah... I heard about American Haunting. It's on the Bell Witch story of Tenneessee. Has anyone seen it or the trailer? I know it's been set for release a couple of times.. They keep moving the date somehow.

Tue, February 21, 2006 - 9:12 PM
    I haven't seen it in years, but the movie "The Entity" I think was supposed to be based on true events.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/

Looks like there is a remake in production as well.

Fri, April 21, 2006 - 8:46 AM
      >I haven't seen it in years, but the movie "The Entity" I think was supposed to be based on true events.>

I haven't seen it since, well, 1981, actually forgot about it, but I remeber being sort of traumatized from it, a good movie though about an evil entity that constantly raped this woman, even in front of her kids. Who needs that?

Tue, March 28, 2006 - 8:58 PM
    Have you seen this link?

www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2712294

It's An American Haunting... it's on the Bell Witch legend of Tenneessee. It will be in the theaters in May. The trailer looks great... I think it'll be an Emily Rose/Poltergeist type of movie. What do you think?
    • Unsu...

Re: Movies About REAL Hauntings

Thu, April 20, 2006 - 2:01 PM
      I sugest keeping a lookout for documentarys. There is alot of them ranging from, americas most haunted, to paranormal activity on the discovery channel.. We also have most haunted ( British serie) As for exorcism i saw a documentary about the miracle in Lyon. It,s one of the most famous cases concearning this.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 8:01 PM
        "I sugest keeping a lookout for documentarys. There is alot of them ranging from, americas most haunted, to paranormal activity on the discovery channel."

Most of which, I have to note, are sensasionalistic or halloween-oriented. Try the stuff on The History Channel instead.

Tue, May 16, 2006 - 8:16 PM
      The thing that's getting me about the Bell Witch movie is even in the previews there seems to be a lot left out in favor of good old jump-out-and-scream-Boo! frights. For one thing, one quirk of the Bell Witch was--in spite of being one sadistic little mo-fo--she was a highly interactive little ghoul, and even often displayed a sense of humor. Even the stories you read range from fear to humor and back to fear, people seemed to regard her mythically not so much as a spook as a force of nature. I will probably eventually waste matine money to see this (loving a good horror flick), but overall, I wouldnt look to the film for the true tale.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 8:02 PM
      "I think it'll be an Emily Rose/Poltergeist type of movie. What do you think?"

Yes. It will sensationalize and blow apart a legend.

• Unsu...

Re: Movies About REAL Hauntings

Wed, May 24, 2006 - 12:18 PM
        Yeah most haunted is sort of teenage, sensationalistic junk. How,s about things we want to see on tv? Oh i remember a documentary once.. it was an amateur tape showing blood pooring down from a wall. Then an exorcist was cloose from beeing strangeled with a metal wire when he entered the house,s attic. It,s sort of traumatising! I think the best sort of show should contain the following.. First of all, more time and effort put into investigating phenomenas. Im still surprised how little producers know and does. We want information about ghosts nature dont we? Secoundly i would just love 15 min of silence listening for sounds without people screaming or commenting anything. That,s a nailbiter. Best of all ever to come.. how,s about an nightly visit to Alcatraz? Then, as things start to live in there at night.. i sugest somone put,s the camera and head into `` the birdmans´´ cage.. Just to see if he is home. Just think of it, a place full of murderers haunting the place.. cant think of a better place to get a little bit scared.

Recent topics in "Ghost Hunters"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Inquiry Mike 0 September 24, 2014
Inland Empire Paranormal Group looking for a few good .... Adrienne 7 August 17, 2012
anyone in san diego ca intrasted in going ghost hunting? offlineDAWNEL 1 April 14, 2012
The Old Hag Unsubscribed 25 November 19, 2011